After a few years of collecting old Christmas ornaments from thrift stores and cast offs from our tree, I finally took some time this weekend to make an ornament wreath. Its a great way to use up all those bulbs that have lost their metal tops or ornaments withe minor defects.
I ended up using a flat Styrofoam wreath as the base. This made a nice surface to hot glue to and also allowed me to push some of the ornament tops into the Styrofoam for really good holding power. My main suggestion would be to pick up a few boxes of the smaller bulbs. They really help to fill in the holes left by the big ornaments. I did this over two evenings while watching TV, it probably took 3 hours total to do.
Now I just need to figure out where to hang it!